BottomLine Lawyers helps taxpayers who have found themselves unable to meet their tax burden. Recently we came across an article that provides a different, global perspective on US tax policy. You can read it here.
The authors of the piece, Citizens for Tax Justice, reach these sometimes surprising conclusions:
1. Virtually all Americans, including the poorest Americans, pay taxes.
2. America is NOT overtaxed.
3. Wealthy Americans are NOT overtaxed.
4. U.S. corporations are Undertaxed.
5. Tax cuts for the rich do not help our economy.
6. Your Tax Bracket is Not Your Effective Tax Rate
Food for thought, indeed.